Hello. I'm Amanda.
I am a graphic designer, turned communications specialist, and a recent graduate from the Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication program at Royal Roads University.
I have a sharp eye for detail and an ongoing passion to learn more and to create often, all while providing the utmost quality service—something that comes from working in the hospitality industry for over 13 years.
I am an avid promoter of good design practices, and I strongly believe that good design is essential to any communication strategy. Through the combination of design, clear, concise writing, and critical thinking, I strive to produce effective communication materials that captivate an audience and tell a story, while remaining committed to a client's brand and vision.
In addition to my love of design, I have a keen interest in social media marketing and new media communication techniques. I also have a fascination with consumer behaviour patterns and trends, and the ever-growing advancements in communication technology.
I've lived in Victoria for 14 years / I am an avid runner / I love food (cooking & eating) / I make my own soap / I am a habitual sun chaser / I love my dog (but I'm a sucker for cats) / I love the movies (fine, I love popcorn) / I have a sail boat (and yes, that's my dog in a life vest)
Work & Volunteer Experience
- Upanup Studios / Marketing & Communications Coordinator / February 2017–Present
- BC Public Service / Internal Communications Coordinator / August 2016–February 2017
- Quadra Village Day Planning Committee / Volunteer Event Marketing Coordinator / January 2016–May 2016
- McAllister Marketing / Graphic Designer / March 2011–July 2015
- Hemingway Graphic Design / Freelance Graphic Designer / June 2008–July 2015
- Cathy Duncan & Associates / Graphic Designer / June 2008–May 2011
Royal Roads University, 2016
Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication
• Recipient of the Chancellor's Award
Camosun College, 2008
Diploma in Applied Communication